Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Swim Suit

I decided it was time to go buy a new swimsuit. I've spent the summer pulling my swimsuit up, down, left and right. I've been on constant guard to make sure I didn't end up flashing anyone. The only problem I have not had is it creeping up on me.  No complaints on that last one.

I LOVED my last swimsuit.  Loved it.  I found it at Target a couple of years ago.  The brand is, love your ASSETS by Sara Blakely,Spanx.  I loved the suit so much because it was a cute swimsuit that fit.  When you are in a XXL or bigger, finding a swimsuit that fits and is cute is like going to Walmart and not only finding rock star parking (a spot upfront by the door) but also walking in to find they've moved milk to the front of the store AND created a checkout stand for "milk purchases" ONLY. Therefore eliminating the need for you to maneuver through the store for about 3/4 of a mile and around about one thousand people to get a gallon (or two) of milk, to then turn around and repeat the trek to the front of the store.  By that time you can't feel your fingers and only three of the thirty check stands are open.  Did I mention that all three have ridiculously long lines? 

It's that hard.  Promise.  An added perk of the suit is the Spanx.  It sucks you in but not too much.  Smooths you out a little and stays put.  So I went back to Target with the hope that they still carried them.  They do!  I bought my new swimsuit and to my surprise, the size I needed was Large.  I haven't worn that size, in a swimsuit, in about 7 years.  My hard work is paying off!

Side note:  Due to the suit being Spanx, the effort required to wiggle in, is quite a bit.  Worse than tights/pantyhose or tight jeans.  This is one "show" my husband does not witness. I don't recommend changing in a bathroom stall.  You need more room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment